Last summer we took an East Coast road trip, from Montreal all the way to Miami. What an amazing trip it was! There is so much to see on East Coast road trips in the USA. The East Coast is chock full of cities with amazing history, charming towns, great food and some lovely scenery.
We think we planned one of the best East Coast road trips there is! There’s not much we didn’t do on our trip from Montreal to Miami. We did our East Coast road trip with kids, naturally, but if you’re travelling solo, as a couple or with friends this is still a great trip to take.
This post will help you plan your own East Coast road trip. Use the tools I have created to plan your itinerary and map out your route. Plus see what destinations we recommend the most!
Our East Coast Road Trip Itinerary
This is our East Coast road trip itinerary from the summer. It took us around six weeks to drive the entire length (almost!) of America’s East Coast. If you are in a hurry you could do all or part of this in two to three weeks. Use our itinerary as a base East Coast road trip planner. You can customize this East Coast road trip itinerary to meet your needs. Send me an email if you need help or East Coast road trip ideas for your journey.
Here’s our six-week East Coast road trip itinerary from Montreal to Miami:
- Smuggler’s Notch, Vermont (2 nights)
- Portland, Maine (2 nights)
- Boston, Massachusetts (3 nights)
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts (3 nights)
- Providence, Rhode Island (1 night)
- Mystic, Connecticut (1 night)
- New York City, New York (5 nights)
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2 nights)
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania (2 nights)
- Washington DC (5 nights)
- Fayetteville, North Carolina (1 night)
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (1 night)
- Charleston, South Carolina (1 night)
- Savannah, Georgia (2 nights)
- Jekyll Island, Georgia (2 nights)
- Orlando, Florida (4 nights)
- Miami/Fort Lauderdale (2 nights)
East Coast Road Trip Destinations You Can’t Miss!
When you’re planning a road trip, you start with the places you really want to see and then fill in the gaps along the route with other destinations that look intriguing or break up the journey. Depending on how much time you have available for your road trip, you may have to pick and choose what to do. Here are the of the East Coast road trip attractions and destinations we loved the best!
LIFE IS SHORT, JOIN THE ADVENTURE!
Get travel tips right in your inbox so you can create the adventurous life you want. Discover ways to travel longer, and further.